Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #14

I was somewhat familiar with Technorati since I had visited during another lesson and had used it for one of my RSS feeds. I searched the Blog posts, tags, and directory for School Learning Library 2.0 and found nothing! The popular section was under construction, as well as the Widget section. I guess they are overhauling their page. In regards to tags--The tags for Delicious are created by you to help you organize and on Technorati, they are there to help you search! I did several searches using their tags. One was "lost"and it came up with a bunch! I was interested if anyone was blogging about the series finale of the TV show Lost, but I got a lot more, including the lost soccer game! I need to learn to define my search.

One thing I'm confused about is how to claim your blog. I went to the area that shows you how, but it doesn't tell you what it means and I don't want to do it without understanding what it is.

Technorati can certainly benefit educators as a search tool and also to keep abreast of current issues that have people talking.

1 comment: