Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thing #18

I went to Google Docs first and played with some of the templates. I thought the scrapbook ones were cute and easy to use. They already had the background--you just add your pics. It also has anything that you could want in a spreadsheet, word processor, etc. I tried to download Open Office next and it was taking so long that I was worried if I had enough space on my hard drive so I cancelled it. I did take a look at the introduction and it looked like it would work as well as Microsoft Office. My family is currently trying to decide on whether to purchase MS Office for a new laptop that we just purchased and I want my husband to take a look at both of these programs instead. He does most of the spreadsheets in the family!! One thing I'm not sure about. If I create a document in Google docs, can I access it from any computer? Anyone know?

1 comment:

  1. When you save in GoogleDocs, you can access anywhere. I plan on using this for both our Bendwood PAC blog and our grade level blog. You can link to files you want parents to access.

    ReplyDelete