Monday, June 28, 2010

Thing #12

As soon as I read this assignment I knew it would be difficult for me. I guess you could consider me a lurker. Since starting the 23 Things, I have read many blogs , but not commented on any. The things that I got out of all the sites were-- Sharing is a good thing, but think before you respond. Try to make meaningful comments and be kind--not a Darth Commenter. The 5 Library2Play blogs that I left a comment on were:

Flower Power
Sunshine
Melanies's Things
Linda's Summer Blog
Ladybug

Mostly I commented on how their blogs looked or asked questions about a specific item they had placed in their blog.

The public blogs were another thing: I left a comment on HoustonGardenGirl and it informed that my comment could not be posted until it had been cleared. I then went to a blog about a Yellowstone vacation (thinking about visiting later this summer) and it seemed very personal--I felt like I would be intruding if I left a comment. I am going to the next Thing and I will come back to this one again when I have better luck with the public blogs.

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great! I have my comments set up to require approval. I'm afraid of spammers leaving x-rated stuff on my blog page. Your comment is there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment on my cube that I created in Dumpr. I had to work at it as I too experience the freezing of the website. It's true the comments truly validate your work. Looks like your hard work paid off as the comment you posted on Houston Garden Girl is officially posted! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm practicing leaving comments! This is a great blog site! I like your colors and Avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to see that others were also reticent about responding to blogs. I guess the best thing to do is dive right in and try it.

    ReplyDelete